Welcome! This is a big one.
First, a naming change: Interventions, a phrase we always used sparingly, are now called Adventures!
Next, we have a new class system:
- Our dear players are hereby invited to explore careers in four distinct classes: Adventurer, Guardian, Diplomat, and Technologist.
- You may switch your current class from adventure to adventure without penalty, and the experience you gain advances your rank in whatever class you're currently playing.
- There are some pretty fantastic new sets of gear available to collect. These will appear in newly acquired shards, depending on which class you were playing.
- There is a dedicated panel for viewing class information, currently dropping and upcoming gear and changing your current class, accessible from the player customisation dialog.
- Guardians get a boost against Combat and Barricade. Diplomats have a similar affinity for the Wit and Lockpick minigames, while Technologists excel at Hack and Repair.
- Class progression is currently locked to the lowest of three tiers. In the new year, we plan on opening up the mid- and high tiers, where some truly spectacular gear awaits.
There's been a fairly major UI overhaul:
- The TARDIS button in your HUD now always takes you to your home room.
- The character customisation next to it has one tab for viewing and wearing your clothing, and one for class-related information.
- Next to that, finally, is a gadget button through which can rearrange your components, see your available materials, and craft new powers and charges.
- The party roster, in the upper left, is now always present, and has a button for opening the world map.
- In the upper right you can always see your currency status, with an easy-to-access link to the clothing shop.
Gameplay: some interventions are now significantly harder than they were; barricade and the distract version of wits will decay much more rapidly, and will require much more attention than previously. In many cases, entirely new strategies and upgraded gadgets will be needed.
Finally, some Chronon related changes:
- After opening a shard, if you didn't get the item you were really hoping for, you can try the roll again for a Chronon charge. The previous mechanism by which you used an existing shard has been removed.
- New characters start the game with a fresh stack of 200 Chronons.
- There is no longer a daily allotment of free Chronons. There will be a separate post about this policy change, but meanwhile please keep in mind that Chronons are extraordinarly affordable.